Don’t let the name of this recipe fool you. “Butter Herb Sauce” may usually imply a heavy, unhealthy dish … not here though.
The keys to making this recipe a healthy one are simple:
- Use a combination of extra virgin olive oil and whipped butter. Whipped butter is lighter and fluffier so it’s lower in calories. Real butter from grass fed cows is better than the fake stuff.
- Use fresh herbs, which add a lot more flavor than dried ones. I pulled some chives and dill from the garden, and the flavor combo was great.
That’s it, guys. This recipe is really that easy. Pop it in the oven for 20 minutes and it’s done.
And here’s the cool part: it only has 186 calories, 7.5 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbs, 27 grams of protein, and 338 milligrams of sodium per serving. Check it out …
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|5 min||20 min||2|
Ingredients: Baked Chicken with Butter Herb Sauce
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T whipped butter
- 1 T olive oil
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh herbs (I used chives and dill)
1. Rub chicken with butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs.
2. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
3. Drizzle chicken with the juices from the pan. You can also simmer the sauce down to thicken it a bit if you want.
186 calories, 7.5 g fat, 1 g carbs, 27 g protein, 338 mg sodium
Check out more of my healthy chicken recipes here.
And sign up for my newsletter to get exclusive recipes not found on my site … and a FREE copy of my eBook “The Ultimate Healthy Eating Roadmap”.