When you order chicken parmesan at restaurants, you can expect much of the same: a whole lot of calories, fat, refined carbohydrates, and salt. Take Olive Garden, for example. Their chicken parmigiana dish has 1090 calories, 49 grams of fat, 79 grams of carbohydrates, and 3380 milligrams of sodium–over 2 day’s worth for most people!
My healthy chicken parmesan recipe has just 267 calories, 1 gram of carbohydrates, and 14 grams of fat (mostly the healthy monounsaturated type). Plus it has 31 grams of muscle-building protein!
You can save yourself 823 calories and prepare a fabulous chicken parm dish that actually tastes better than the restaurant version. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.
Another bonus of this chicken parmesan recipe is it’s super simple. All you need is a frying pan, 7 ingredients, and about 20 minutes of time and you’ve got a meal fit for a king.
So check it out …
Ingredients: Healthy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low sodium tomato or marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 oz. goat cheese
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
1. Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes/side with the olive oil.
3. Reduce heat to low and top chicken with tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, then goat cheese. Cover the pan and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
4. Let chicken sit for 4-5 minutes before serving.
267 calories, 1 g carbs, 14 g fat, 31 g protein, 342 mg of sodium