Not all salads are created equal. What I mean by this is just because you order a salad, doesn’t necessarily mean you’re getting a healthier meal. Ordering a salad in a restaurant can often be worse than ordering a burger and fries or a couple pieces of pizza.
Here’s what I’m talking about:
|Cheesecake Factory||Caesar Salad with Chicken||1510|
|Quiznos||Honey Mustard Chicken Salad||790|
|Burger King||Garden Fresh Salad Chicken Apple & Cranberry with TENDERCRISP chicken||700|
The good news is, making your own healthy salad recipes is ridiculously easy. And once you start to experiment with different vegetables and dressing combinations, you’ll realize that salads are far from boring too.
Healthy Salad Recipes
- Asian Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing
- Avocado Pear Salad
- Beet and Pistachio Salad with Fresh Basil
- Beet Salad Recipe with Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Black Bean Avocado Salad
- Blood Orange Salad with Japanese Ginger Dressing
- Chicken and Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Garbanzo Bean Salad with Fattoush Dressing
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Watermelon, Feta and Sage Vinaigrette Dressing
- Healthy Coleslaw
- Heirloom Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Hickory Smoked Tomato Cucumber Salad
- House Salad Recipe
- Kale Salad with Lemon, Garlic, Feta Cheese & Pepitas
- Mediterranean Salad
- Mixed Greens and Goat Cheese Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Mixed Greens and Kiwi Salad
- Mixed Greens and Lentil Salad
- Orange Pepper and Tomato Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Simple 6-ingredient Kale Salad
- Spinach Salad Recipe with Avocado, Fig & Baked Chickpeas
- Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
- Tomato, Corn and Black Bean Salad
Want more healthy recipes?
Then check out my full recipe list.