Arctic char is a cold water fish that’s similar to salmon. I think it has a meatier, less “fishy” flavor than salmon, which makes it perfect if you’re cooking for people who don’t love fish. This arctic char recipe may just convert those non-fish-lovers too.
It’s extremely simple to make. I’m talking just 7 all-natural ingredients and it only takes about 15 minutes total. You can try any herb combination you want, but I combined a little rosemary, chives, and fresh garlic and it was delicious. Go with fresh herbs if possible and you’ll get a better flavor.
This filling recipe has just 330 calories, 1 gram of carbohydrates, 36 grams of protein, and 328 milligrams of sodium. It may appear to be high in fat with 21 grams per serving, but it’s virtually all the healthy monounsaturated type.
Here’s the recipe … leave a comment below if you like it or made any adjustments that turned out well.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|5 min||10 min||4|
Ingredients: Baked Arctic Char Recipe with Fresh Herbs
- 1.5 lb. arctic char
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 T olive oil
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1. Mince all herbs and garlic and combine together.
2. Rub fish with olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper, and fresh herbs.
3. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
330 calories, 21 g fat, 1 g carbs, 36 g protein, 328 mg sodium
Want More Recipes?
1. Check out more of my healthy fish recipes here.
2. Check out The Well Fed Homestead for more real food recipes.
3. Sign up for my newsletter to get exclusive recipes not found on my site … and a FREE copy of my eBook “The Ultimate Healthy Eating Roadmap”.
Last but not least, please help me spread the word about eating healthier by sharing this page. Click on one of the “Share the Wealth” buttons below …